Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin swung the axe yesterday in Pittsburgh, cutting 22 players including Jonathan Dwyer as well as members of the 2012 and 2013 draft classes.
- So who was it that made the team?
Here is your Pittsburgh Steelers 2013 Roster at a Glance:
- Of note: Jones overcame a weak camp to make the team. Has potential but remains work in progress
Running Backs (5)
- Running Back Renewal: Steelers showed no mercy in renewing this unit from 2012.
Wide Receivers (5)
- Of note: Derek Moye beat out a draft pick. Steelers remain the land of opportunity.
Offensive Line (9)
- Wait for the waiver wire: Guy Whimper can and will be replaced if a better option, perhaps Max Starks, can be found via waiver wire.
Tight Ends (5)
- If you missed it: The Steelers brought in Palmer as a body, but he’s made the team.
Defensive Line (6)
- New Face: Hebron Fangupo beat out a couple of more prominent players to win his spot.
- Below the radar: Wilson surprises some, as Marshall McFadden and Alan Baxter got the preseason press coverage.
- Point to remember: Curtis Brown has one last shot….
- Yin and Yang: Clark and Polamalu are seasoned veterans, everyone else is practically a rookie.
The Pittsburgh Steelers 2013 opening day roster is not necessarily set. Guy Whimper could be gone at the earliest opportunity. Likewise Matt Spaeth could find his way on the injured reserve list, Palmer’s presence suggests this possibility is real.
And of course the practice squad still needs to be set….
…Stay tuned Steelers Nation.
Thanks for visiting. Click here to check out the rest of Steel Curtain Rising. Or… Follow @SteelCurtainRis