With the Steelers facing almost impossible odds at making the playoffs, Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin began the week sounding the call of “No Surrender, No Retreat.”
In other words, there would be no 2013 equivalent of #suckforluck no play for draft position in Pittsburgh.
- The question was, would the Steelers locker room heed the call of their field general?
Versus the Cincinnati Bengals tonight, in front of a record low crowd at Heinz Field, the Pittsburgh Steelers answered that question early in the fourth quarter with a resounding “Hell Yeah!”
As it is almost 2:00 am in Buenos Aires, Argentina where Steel Curtain Rising is written out of, a full summary of the game is impossible at this point. Work looms large tomorrow, and temperatures are expected to approach 100 F.
Still here are some highlights:
- Ziggy Hood helping set up the first score with a sack of Andy Dalton
- Le’veon Bell, rushing for another touchdown
- Ben Roethlisberger going 20-25 and one touchdown
- Antonio Brown scoring one touchdown in on offense, and another on an 67 punt return
- Shaun Suisham going 3-3 in field goals, including a 45 yarder in the wind
- Ike Taylor leading the Steelers with 7 tackles and two passes defensed
- Troy Polamalu forcing yet another fumble
While this game was far from perfect, there were other individual performances worthy of note, which Steel Curtain Rising will detail in full tomorrow evening.