Last Monday, I was doing my podcast for Behind The Steel Curtain, when some joker came into the live chat and wrote something along the lines of: “The Steelers can’t fire Tomlin because of a race quota.”
- Then, he went on to say a bunch of racist things before being kicked out of the conversation.
- Besides, what good would it have done?
- The sentiment held by many is that if the Steelers fire Tomlin, they would look like hypocrites…or worse.
- That was only done for reasons to do with race.
- And, again, that’s why, according to so many, Tomlin could never, ever be fired. It would just look so darn bad.
- That’s just silly and a bit disrespectful to Dan, his son, everyone involved with the Steelers.
- They’re also frequently fired based on merit.
- And that’s what’s best for business.